Here’s your chance to tee-up your best shot before some of the biggest names in the restaurant business. CIV has received an exclusive invitation to stage a student culinary competition at this year’s Gourmet Golf Tournament, Friday, October 20, 2017, at Oceanview Golf Course, sponsored by the Norfolk Tourism Research Foundation. The “Who’s Who” of the hospitality industry in Hampton Roads comes together for this annual event.
The “Tap-in Tapas”competition allows you to express your culinary creativity, earn scholarship dollars toward your education, and score a hole-in-one in front of some very impressive industry leaders.
Four two-member student teams will create 150 portions of an original dish that will be tasted and judged by tournament guests.
- Wednesday, August 23, 12 – 12:30 pm and 4:30 – 5 pm: Norfolk Q&A Sessions
- Chef Kilby will be available in the Student Lounge to answer questions regarding the competition.
- Wednesday September 14, 12 – 12:30 pm and 4:40 – 5 pm: Newport News Q&A Sessions
- Chef DeLargy will be available in the Student Lounge to answer questions regarding the competition.
- Thursday September 28, 7:00 pm: Deadline for Application Package
- Completed application package should be submitted to Student Services or Chef Kilby.
- Early submissions are welcome and encouraged.
- Monday, October 2 , 1 pm: Top four teams will be announced
- Friday, October 20th: Competition Day